Catholic parents have a primary role in forming their children in Christian discipleship. New and expecting parents are invited to explore ways to live faith in their homes and raise their children to follow Jesus prior to scheduling their baby’s baptism.
For information on Baptism preparation, contact Teri Burns, Pastoral Associate for Faith Formation, email@example.com, ext 115. Contact the Parish Office to schedule your child’s celebration of the Sacrament.
CELEBRATION OF BAPTISM
Contact the Parish Office for the Baptism schedule, 616-676-9111.
A Baptism Information Form must be completed to confirm your baby’s baptism.
PARENT PREPARATION FOR BAPTISM ON FORMED
FORMED is a Catholic website (often referred to as the “Catholic Netflix”) that provides online resources to Study, Watch, Listen, and Read.
To access programs, videos, audio, and ebooks on FORMED, go to https://strobertchurch.formed.org, and create an account with your email and a password.
Reborn explores the deeply personal power of Baptism, bringing to light the spiritual reality for parents and godparents and, most importantly, the child being baptized. Rendered with a cinematic beauty that’s become the hallmark of the Augustine Institute’s film productions, Reborn presents the foundation of the Church’s teaching on Baptism, with a step-by-step explanation of the rite itself, including its profound place in Scripture and Tradition. Sessions include:
- A New Creation: The Mystery of Baptism
- Entering the Mystery: The Rite Explained
- Nurturing the Life of Grace: Called to Mission
- The Mission to Love: 7 Keys to Catholic Parenting
- The Gift of Godparents: More than Cards and Presents
STRONG CATHOLIC FAMILIES, STRONG CATHOLIC YOUTH
“The single most important influence on the religious and spiritual lives of adolescents is their parents.” – Soul Searching: The Religious and Spiritual Lives of America’s Teenagers
- Strong Catholic Families: Strong Catholic Youth, p. 4
- The Domestic Church of the Home, p. 7
- Family Faith Inventory, p. 8
**Take the Family Faith Inventory (p. 8) and reflect on the Suggestions for Living Faith as a Family (p. 12) to develop a Family Faith Plan (p. 11). Review and expand your Family Faith Plan on your child’s birthday each year.
- Developing a Family Faith Plan, p. 11
- Suggestions for Living Faith as a Family, p. 12
- Family Faith Resources, p. 15
- Family Faith Prayers, p. 16
Click on these links to access resources for parents and godparents for the Sacrament of Baptism.