REVISED (October 2020) protocols for attending
weekend Mass at St. Robert’s
during the current phase of reopening
Reservations are no longer requested. Safe distancing is required. Practice staggered seating: sit behind the tape on the pew and not behind the people in the pew in front of you. Thank you for your cooperation!
All Church doors will be open.
- People over 60 and those with underlying health conditions are urged to stay home. The Bishop has extended the dispensation from attending Mass through November 23. Please consider watching the 11:00 a.m. live-streamed Sunday Mass and attending Mass on a weekday. All weekday Masses will be in the main church.
- When attending Mass:
– wear a mask (age 2 and above)
– practice social distancing
– bring hand sanitizer
– only use restrooms if absolutely necessary
- Missalettes have been removed from the church. You can access all Mass readings and music through a cell phone. Text the word: Roberts in the message line to this number: 616-200-6070. (You can also call this number and select 1 for St. Roberts if you do not want to text.) Either way you will get a text with PDF links to our music and our bulletin for each week’s Sunday Mass.
- Offertory collection will not be taken. Collection baskets will be available as you leave church. On-line giving is encouraged and appreciated.
- When Communion is distributed: Please practice social distancing when it is time to receive Communion. Be mindful of the markings on the aisles which will assist you.
-Reception of the Precious Blood is suspended.
– masks are removed just before one receives Communion, then put back on immediately after.
– please receive the Body of Christ in the hand in a manner that the host may be dropped into one’s hand without making contact. (Gloves are not to be worn to receive Communion).
Please do not congregate in the Gathering Space
either before or after Mass.